Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 cup freshly sliced scallions
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup packed blue cheese, broken up
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
Have oil heated to 350 degrees F.
Pick the meat from the chicken and discard the skin. Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the hot sauce, pepper, cheese, and scallions, and toss to combine. Roll the chicken into 2-ounce balls, about the size of a golf ball.
Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside.
When the oil is hot fry the chicken balls in batches. Cook for about 2 minutes per batch. Remove the chicken to paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve the chicken alongside the dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.