- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 large onions, diced small
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, sliced lengthwise and cubed
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon cube powder
- 8 ounces sliced American cheese
- Bread bowls, hollowed out, for serving
- Sliced chives, to garnish
- Chopped parsley leaves, to garnish
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat oil. Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes on high until fragrant and tender.
In a large bowl, mix salt, pepper, flour, onion powder, and garlic powder together. Add meat to seasoned flour. Dredge to coat and add flour and meat to pot with onions. Cook until meat is lightly browned, stirring frequently for about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add water and beef bouillon to pot and continue to cook and stir on high until soup begins to thicken. Bring to a boil. Turn heat off and add cheese. Cover the pot with a lid and allow the cheese to sit and melt.
Pour into bread bowls and garnish with chives and parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.