Chunky Chicken Chili
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 2 (4-ounce) cans mild green chiles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
In a large Dutch oven, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken pieces until nicely colored and cooked through. Remove chicken to a large bowl and set aside.
Using the same Dutch oven, stir in the flour. This will create a roux. Stir in the onions and peppers. Add the chicken stock to deglaze the pan and stir in the heavy cream. Lower heat and cook until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Once the sauce has thickened, add the chili powder, coriander, cumin, cayenne, black pepper and the salt. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the cannellini beans, chiles and the chicken and simmer for another 6 to 8 minutes. At the very end, mix in the sour cream. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with Cheddar and parsley.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray