- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and spread out on a sheet pan to cool. Meanwhile, bring a separate pot of water to a boil. Carefully add the eggs; cook for 12 minutes, then remove to a bowl of ice water to cool completely. Peel the eggs under cold running water, then roughly chop.
In a large bowl, combine the onion, celery, relish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and the mayonnaise. Fold in the potatoes, eggs and scallions. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Photograph by Kate Sears