Glazed Chinese Long Beans
- 1/2 pound Chinese long beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
In a large pot of boiling water, blanch long beans for 2 minutes until slightly tender. Allow to cool.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. Add scallions, ginger and garlic. Mix together. Add red pepper flakes and long beans. Allow to cook for a few minutes. Stir in chicken stock, honey and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add sesame seeds, if desired. Mix together.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.