Grilled Portobello Burger
- 7 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 red peppers, grilled, seeds removed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pepper, or to taste
- 7 portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 7 sourdough rolls, split in 1/2
- 2 cups spring mix greens
Preheat the grill 350 degrees F.
In a medium sized bowl, gently toss together the tomatoes, onion, peppers, feta, vinegar, cracked black pepper, to taste, and oregano. Set aside.
In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Brush the portobello caps with the oil on and put them on the grill. Grill until tender, about 3 minutes on each side
Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the tomato mixture onto the bottom halves of the rolls, top each with some spring mix greens and a portobello cap. Cover with the top halves of the rolls and serve.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.
Grilled Pork Chops(00:05:16)
Steak and BLT Potatoes(00:03:29)
Guy's Grilled Lamb Sandwiches(00:04:02)
Cuban Pork Chops With Mojo(00:04:14)
C'mon, Baby, Light My Grill(00:01:49)
Balsamic Barbecue Chicken(00:04:56)
Grilled Feast on Saffron Orzo(00:03:46)
Grilling: What Would Bobby Do?(00:04:30)
Balsamic-Glazed Grilled Pizza(00:02:59)
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray