- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus 1 teaspoon, plus more for potato water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
Preheat the grill to medium.
In a large saucepan, add the potatoes and cover with water. Salt the water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until slightly tender; about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the water to a bowl and let cool. Season with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper. Arrange on the preheated grill and mark for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a serving bowl and reserve.
In a small saute pan, toast the pine nuts over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside. Cook's Note: No need to oil the pan; pine nuts are coated with oil already.
Add the parsley, oregano, lemon juice, garlic, capers, 1 teaspoon of both salt and pepper, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and the pine nuts to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a smooth paste. Add to the potatoes and toss to coat well. Serve at room temperature or cold.