Grilled Rib-Eye Steak Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6 (6-ounce) rib-eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup hot banana peppers
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 steak rolls, split in 1/2
- Herb Salad, recipe follows
- Herb Salad:
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup minced prosciutto
- 3 shallots, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
Preheat the grill to 375 degrees F.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and drizzle with olive oil. Put the steaks on hot grill and sear on each side until desired doneness, about 4 minutes. Top with the peppers and provolone and cook until the cheese is melted. Brush the steak rolls with the smoked paprika oil and grill until slightly charred. Cut the steaks in half, lengthwise and put them on top of each other on the bottom half of the roll. Top with the herb salad and cover with the top half of the roll. Serve.Herb Salad:
Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and toss to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.