Mini Sweet Potato Pies
- 24 pre-made mini pie shells
- Oil, for pans
- 1 (12-ounce) can yams or sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (reserved from Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese:
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese (reserve 2 tablespoons for pies), softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put the pre-made mini shells inside a greased 24-count mini muffin pan.
In a large bowl add the yams, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and caramel sauce. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer until well combined. Dollop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pie mixture into each shell. Bake until the custard sets, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
For the Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese:
Add the cream cheese, cream, sugar and cinnamon to a large bowl. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese mixture until you reach a frosting consistency. Transfer the mixture to a disposable pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe a small amount of whipped cream cheese on each mini sweet potato pie. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.