Molasses Marinated Flank Steak with Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 baguette, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) container herb-seasoned cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) jar red pepper strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a small bowl mix together the oil, cola, molasses, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, black pepper and lime juice. Put the steak into a large shallow bowl and pour in the marinade. Move the steak around to assure the marinade is covering the meat. Allow to marinate 2 hours or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat the grill over medium heat.
Remove the steak from the marinade and put it on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Brush the bread slices with cream cheese. Slice the steak against the grain into very thin strips. Top the cheese with a strip of meat and a red pepper strip. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller