Packin' A Punch Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded broccoli slaw
- 1 red jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a large serving bowl, combine the carrots, broccoli slaw, jalapeno and red onion. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, add the vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes and the black pepper. Bring to a light boil over low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Add the olive oil to the vinegar mixture, pour over the vegetables and toss together to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
Recipe courtesy Aaron McCargo Jr.