Pork Chops with Mushroom Madeira Sauce
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 (1 1/2-inch) pork chops
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Madeira Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 to 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the grapeseed oil. Allow the oil to smoke slightly. Season each pork chop with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the pan. Sear on each side for 2 minutes. Once nicely browned on each side, transfer the chops to a sheet pan with a rack and bake in the oven for an additional 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chops from the oven to a serving platter. Reserve the pan for the Madeira Sauce.
In same skillet that the chops were seared, add 1 tablespoon of the butter, the shallots, garlic, and the mushrooms. Cook over medium-high heat until slightly caramelized. Add flour and mix to a paste. Add the Madeira wine and deglaze the pan. Lower the heat, add the beef broth and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining butter and the fresh herbs. Once the butter has melted, pour the sauce over the pork chops and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.