Seasoned Sweet Potato Puree
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
In a medium saucepan add chicken stock, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sea salt, 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, a pinch of nutmeg, and almond extract. Stir mixture and bring to a boil.
Once potatoes are soft, place potatoes in a food processor. Reserve the liquid and set aside. Add heavy cream and lemon juice and blend until smooth. If too dry, add reserved potato liquid. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.