- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
In a medium saucepan add chicken stock, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sea salt, 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, a pinch of nutmeg, and almond extract. Stir mixture and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, peel sweet potatoes and cut into medium-sized cubes. Add to the chicken stock and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until soft.
Once potatoes are soft, place potatoes in a food processor. Reserve the liquid and set aside. Add heavy cream and lemon juice and blend until smooth. If too dry, add reserved potato liquid. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.