Spicy Szechuan Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup shredded daikon radish
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 3 stalks (1/2 cup) scallions
- 1/4 cup Szechuan sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 head Bibb lettuce leaves
Split boneless chicken in half. If too thick, pound out to make thinner.
In a medium bowl, mix together radish, carrots, bean sprouts, and scallions. Add Szechuan sauce.
In a small bowl, mix together five-spice, cayenne, salt and pepper. Season chicken breasts lightly with rub. Cut the chicken into strips.
In a large skillet over high heat, add the grapeseed oil. Once hot, sear the chicken breasts for 4 minutes on each side. Add butter and lemon to pan and baste the chicken for another minute. Remove chicken to a platter to let cool. Once cooled, dice or shred the chicken.
Place a spoonful of the vegetable mixture and the shredded chicken onto each leaf of lettuce. Roll and serve.