- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 pound pancetta, small dice
- 12 figs, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
Preheat the grill to high heat.
In a large saute pan coated with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, add the pancetta. Toss and stir until crispy and browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the pan to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
Add the figs to a small bowl and add salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
Arrange the figs on the hot grill and cook until a nice char is achieved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove the bowl with the beans from the refrigerator. Add the blue cheese, pancetta, parsley, thyme, and the figs. Toss to combine and serve.