Zucchini and Apple Bread
- Nonstick spray
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup grated green apple, peeled and cored (about 1 apple)
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups plus 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 (4 1/2 by 8 1/2-inch) loaf pans with nonstick spray. Line the pans with parchment paper and spray the paper.
Combine the zucchini, apple, brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add 3 cups flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg to the bowl and mix well. Toss the nuts with the remaining1/2 teaspoon flour to coat and prevent them from sinking. Gently stir in the nuts and the extract.
Divide the batter between the 2 loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle of each loaf comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the bread from the pans and cool on a wire rack.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Warm Zucchini Bread, Granny Smith Apples and Ginger Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise and Creme Fraiche Whipped Cream, Zucchini Bread With Dried Cranberries and Vanilla Bean Glaze, Biscuit, Apple Crisp Recipes, Easy Shrimp, Easy Casserole, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Baking
Thank you! your flag was submitted.