- 2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Big Daddy Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli rabe, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 4 to 6 ciabatta rolls
- 1 pound provolone, sliced
- Cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Rub pork loin with 1/2 cup Big Daddy Seasoning and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. In a large cast-iron pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil; Seer pork loin on all sides and both ends.
Add pork to a roasting pan with rack and roast in oven for approximately 1 hour until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice pork very thin.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant. Add the cooked broccoli rabe. Add 2 tablespoons Big Daddy Seasoning and mix together. Remove from pan.
Assemble ciabatta rolls upside down; add provolone cheese, pork and broccoli rabe. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toast sandwiches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Big Daddy Seasoning:
- 1/2 cup smokey paprika
- 1/4 cup granulated onion powder
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
In a large bowl, mix ingredients together.