- 1 (8-ounce) bag spicy chips (recommended: Doritos)
- 1 (8-ounce) bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Big Daddy Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups field greens
- 1 (12-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 ounces sliced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle peppercorn ranch dressing
With hands crush each bag of chips separately into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, add 1 cup of flour and in another shallow dish; beat 3 eggs. Dredge chicken strips in flour, then egg and finally into the crushed tortillas. Dredge half the chicken in the spicy chips and the other half into the blue corn chips. Transfer to plate. Sprinkle with Big Daddy seasoning.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Add chicken strips 1 at a time and pan- fry until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan onto a plate and reserve.
In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, field greens, beans, plum tomatoes, Cheddar, avocados, jalapenos and fresh cilantro. Top with cooked chicken and peppercorn dressing.
Big Daddy Seasoning:
- 1/2 cup smokey paprika
- 1/4 cup granulated onion powder
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
In a large bowl, mix ingredients together.