Carne Asada Tacos
- 1 12 -ounce jar sliced pickled jalapenos, drained
- 1 1 3/4 -pound flank steak,trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 2 -4 tablespoons Salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- Corn tortillas (homemade or store-bought)
Make tortillas, if you're using Homemade Tortillas
Marinate the steak: Spread the jalapenos in a baking dish and press the steak on top. Cover and set aside at room temperature, about 1 hour.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Brush the jalapenos off the steak, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice.
Photograph by Tina Rupp
Courtesy of Aaron Sanchez for Food Network Magazine