- 1 large loaf of Cuban bread, cut into 4 equal pieces crosswise
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground canela (cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup diced kiwi
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 papaya, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
In another bowl, combine kiwi, mango, papaya, mint, and orange juice and set aside.
Have a nonstick pan getting warm. Soaking each piece of bread in egg mixture until bread has absorbed some of liquid, about 30 seconds.
Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the pan and cook bread on each side for 4 minutes until golden brown. Repeat process for the remaining bread.