- 1 cup of wood chips for smoking, soaked in warm water for at least 20 minutes
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 6 eggs
- 2 poblano peppers (roasted, seeded, and deveined)
- 1 red onion (sliced in 1/8-inch rings), grilled
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a large roasting pan, or the bottom of a smoker, place a single layer of soaked wood chips. Place a 2-inch perforated pan or grill insert on top of the wood chips. Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the perforated pan or grill insert. Cover with foil, or the top of the smoker. Place on top of a burner, on medium heat. Smoke for 15 minutes. Remove tomato slices from pan and set aside.
In a non-stick pan, cook the eggs sunnyside up. Put eggs on a cookie sheet and cover each with a layer of poblano peppers, grilled red onion, and smoked tomatoes. Cover with Monterey Jack. Cook in oven until cheese is melted. Transfer to platter and garnish with cilantro.