- 4 fresh cactus pads, or 1 pint jar cactus shoots
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh green jalapeno, stems and ribs removed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Begin by blanching cactus pads in salted boiling water until tender, for about 5 minutes; then shock in ice water.
In separate bowl mix garlic, oil and lime juice. Add all the other ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.