- 4 (6-ounce) mahi mahi, skin removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Tomatillo and Mango Salsa, recipe follows
Preheat a grill.
Lay fish in a plate sprinkle with lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place fillet on hot grill cook on each side for 4 minutes. Serve with Tomatillo and Mango Salsa.
Tomatillo and Mango Salsa:
- 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled and seeded, plus 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and small diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 10 medium sized tomatillos peeled, washed, and diced finely
- 1 medium ripe tomato, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Begin by peeling 1 of the mangos removing all the flesh possible and discarding the seed. Place the mango pieces in a blender with jalapeno, lime juice and orange juice. Blend until smooth and place in large bowl.
Meanwhile peel and remove flesh from the remaining mango and finely dice.
Yield: 3 cups