- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pound sashimi quality yellowfin tuna
- 1/2 teaspoon aji amarillo*
- 1/2 rocoto pepper puree*
- *available in Latin American specialty stores
In a blender, puree until smooth the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and lime juice. Remove to a bowl and mix in the cilantro. Slice the tuna into thin, 1-inch long pieces.
Place tuna on a serving platter and spoon soy sauce mixture over each slice. Dot each piece with each of the purees, aji amarillo, and rocoto pepper.