- 2 large round tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Slice tomatoes about 1/4-inch thick and arrange on a plate with the sliced onions. Place the sliced chile alongside the tomatoes and sprinkle the cilantro on top and around the plate. Crumble the queso fresco on top.
In a bowl combine the oregano, oil, and vinegar and mix well. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top just before serving. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.