- Ice, as needed
- 2 ounces vodka, such as Zubrowka
- 3/4 ounce pineapple reduction, recipe follows
- 3/4 ounce strawberry pickling liquid, recipe follows
- 3/4 ounce ginger sake
- Soda water, for topping
- 5 pickled strawberries, recipe follows
In a cocktail shaker glass filled with ice, combine the vodka, pineapple reduction, pickling liquid, ginger sake and 4 pickled strawberries. Shake, then pour into a collins glass and top with soda. Garnish with 1 sliced pickled strawberry and serve.
- 17 ounces orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 12 ounces rice vinegar
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces strawberry juice
- 1 pound strawberries, cleaned and hulled
Combine the liqueur, vinegar, lemon juice and strawberry juice in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. In a glass jar or resealable container, add the strawberries and enough pickling liquid to cover the strawberries completely. Let them pickle in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- 2 pineapples, juiced
In a medium-size saucepan on medium heat, bring the pineapple juice to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook until a golden syrup develops. Strain through a fine sieve; cool and transfer to a reusable bottle.