BLC (Bacon, Lettuce and Cucumber) with Spicy Cumin-Mint Mayo
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 11/2 cups prepared mayonnaise
- 1 big handful fresh mint leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices country white bread
- 1 English cucumber, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, sliced thin
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain the excess oil. In a small, dry pan over medium heat, toast the cumin and coriander until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Toss the spices in a food processor or blender with the garlic, mayo and mint leaves. Process the mixture until smooth. Season the mixture with salt, and pepper, to taste.
Lightly toast the bread until just golden brown. Spread the flavored mayo on all of the bread slices. On half of the slices, place a few slices of cucumber, a small handful of lettuce and a few slices of cooked bacon over that. Top with other bread slices and enjoy!
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.