Mango Chutney, Prosciutto and Paneer "Pizza"
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney (recommended: Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled paneer cheese*
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- A glug extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 frozen naan bread (recommended: Trader Joe's)*
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn
- *Can be found at specialty Indian markets.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
In a small saucepan, combine the tomato paste, mango chutney, minced garlic, and water over medium heat, until well combined. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes and then remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, paneer, red pepper flakes, cilantro, green onion, ground cumin and extra-virgin olive oil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add more red pepper flakes if you like it spicy!
Arrange the naans on a cookie sheet. Divide the tomato-mango chutney sauce evenly among the naans, spreading to coat the top. Evenly divide the cheese mixture among the naans. Throw in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisped around the edges.
Meanwhile, tear the prosciutto into small pieces. When the pizzas are ready, top them with the fresh prosciutto. Cut each naan into 4, and serve!