Watermelon, Feta and Mint Skewers with Sumac
- 1 small seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small honeydew melon, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) block feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes or coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon honey, such as buckwheat
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac, for sprinkling, see Cook's Note*
Assemble the watermelon and honeydew melon on a platter. Top with the feta cheese and drizzle with honey. Tear the mint leaves over the salad and sprinkle lime juice over the top. Sprinkle with the sumac. Serve.
*Cooks' Note: Sumac is a pretty pinkish-red powder whose tart, sour character is treasured in Middle Eastern cooking. It's made from the berry of a bush that grows wild in the region. You can find it at better supermarkets, Indian and Middle Eastern markets, and online.
Recipe courtesy Aarti Sequeira