Adobo Chicken with Margarita Salsa
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breasts, trimmed, cleaned
- 1/2 cup red chile flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Margarita Salsa:
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup medium diced white onion
- 5 green chiles, very finely minced (remove seed and ribs for a milder salsa)
- 1 cup gently packed cilantro, roughly chop
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cuervo 1800 tequila
For the marinade, combine all ingredients in a blender and puree for two minutes on medium speed. Strain marinade through a fine sieve. Let chicken breasts sit in marinade, refrigerated, overnight. The following day, on a hot grill, grill the marinated chicken until thoroughly cooked, about 10 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
For the salsa, in a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and it's ready to serve.
For the presentation, spoon a serving of the salsa on the plate. Cut the grilled chicken breast on an angle and fan out on plate next to salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Jane Butel
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen