Adobo Rubbed Turkey Breast with Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
- A whole turkey breast
- 1 pound of dried Guajillo chiles seeded and deveined
- 1 pound of dried Pasilla chiles seeded and deveined
- 1 pound of dried Ancho chiles seeded and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of chopped garlic
- 2 pounds of Mexican chorizo diced
- 2 white onions chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 2 I/2 cup of crumbled cornbread
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinade/Adobo Rub:
Toast dry chiles on a grill, then soak all chiles in warm water for ten minutes. Remove them from the water and place them in a food processor with the oregano, white vinegar and chopped garlic. Season the turkey breast with salt and pepper. Rub it generously with the adobo and let marinade for one day.
Meanwhile cook the chorizo in a skillet for five minutes until fat has rendered. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook for ten minutes until the vegetables have caramelized. Add crumbled cornbread, cilantro, chicken stock and salt and pepper. Make sure that the stuffing itself is not dry but at the same time that it is not too wet. Add chicken stock slowly and as needed. With a knife make a four inch pocket on the breast and insert stuffing.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.