- 3 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into quarters and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons mashed ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons mashed garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons prepared cashew nut paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Wash chicken quarters and dry using a clean cloth or paper towel. Prick chicken all over with a sharp kitchen knife and place in a bowl. Mix lime juice, ginger, garlic, cream, cardamom, cashew nut paste, salt, pepper, and oil together in a medium bowl. Rub chicken all over with lime mixture. Transfer to a baking dish or large shallow bowl and marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat a grill to medium. Grill chicken quarters for about 25 minutes or until fully cooked, turning pieces over halfway through cooking.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.