- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups water
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 pounds collard greens, washed, drained, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
In a Dutch oven, place the stew beef, bouillon cubes, salt, crushed red pepper, chili powder, chili flakes, curry powder, and water. Stir and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in a skillet until all of the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the skillet and reserve. Saute the greens and the onions in the bacon fat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the sauteed greens and onions along with the tomato puree, reserved bacon, and peanut butter to the stew. Stir and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Serve with rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.