Ahi Tuna Tartar with Sesame Asparagus Vinaigrette
- 8 ounces #1 ahi tuna, finely diced
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon canola
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched and refreshed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
In a chilled bowl, mix ingredients together. Mold tuna into small towers either using a pvc pipe, ramekin or cut out can.
Cut 2-inch asparagus spears and save. Take the rest of the asparagus and roughly chop. In a blender, add 1/2 cup chopped asparagus with mustard and juice. Blend at high speed and add oils. Check for seasoning. Toss spears in vinaigrette. Place spears in a flat circle and top with tuna. Drizzle a little of the vinaigrette on the plate. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Recipe Courtesy of Ming Tsai