Cherry, Almond and Herb Salad
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 ounces washed and dried lamb's lettuce, stemmed (aka corn salad or mache)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
In a small skillet, toast the sliced almonds until just browned; set aside.
Combine the herbs and lettuce in a bowl and toss to combine; set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar and season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Taste, adjust seasoning as needed. Top with the cherries and almonds and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp