- 4 each Alaska cod, skinless 4oz fillets
- ¾ tsp Salt, kosher
- 1 tsp Pepper, black, ground
- 1 each Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Oil, olive-vegetable Blend
- 2 each Squash, yellow, diced
- 2 each Zucchini, green, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 each Tomatoes, diced
- 3 oz Sherry, dry
- 1 pint Tomato juice, low sodium
- 1 bunch Parsley, fresh, leaves
- 2 cups Croutons, whole wheat toasted baguettes
1. Preheat grill or griddle pan.
2. Season fillets with salt, pepper, lemon and 1 Tbsp of oil.
3. Grill approximately 2-3 minutes each side until done.
4. Heat sauté pan on high heat.
5. Add remaining oil, squash and zucchini.
6. Brown vegetables then add garlic, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes.
7. Toss gently and add sherry.
8. Turn off heat and add tomato juice.
Juice ½ lemon on finished dish to enhance tomato flavor. If desired, substitute tomato juice for strained fresh tomato "water." Flaking the meat of the cooked fillets is optional to promote ease of eating.