For the Carrot Puree:
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 4 ounces carrot juice
Simmer the carrot in juice until soft, then place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
For The Tartare:
- 1-ounce extra-virgin olive oil, infused with garlic
- 4 ounces sashimi grade Monterey albacore, chopped into a near paste
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces carrot juice, reduced to 1/2-ounce
- 6 ounces orange juice, reduced to 1/2-ounce
Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate.
For The Carrot and Garlic Salad:
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 baby yellow carrot, shaved on a Japanese mandoline
- 1 baby red carrot, shaved on a Japanese mandoline
- 10 to 15 pomegranate seeds
Preheat a fryer to 325 degrees F.
Place the garlic in a small saucepot of cold water. Bring to a boil. Strain. Repeat 2 more times. Dry the garlic and fry. Mix fried garlic with other ingredients.
For the Pomegranate Ponzu:
- 6 ounces pomegranate juice, reduced to 1/2-ounce
- 1/2-ounce soy sauce
- 1/2-ounce garlic oil