- 4 red peppers, diced and juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 papaya, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and cut lengthwise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
Pour pepper juice into a bowl. Add honey, red pepper flakes, and fish sauce. Cool in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine papaya, ketchup, soy sauce, mango nectar, and hot pepper sauce. Puree.
Grill shrimp, continuously basting with the papaya sauce.
Saute garlic in olive oil. Add hearts of palm and char (to develop a deep brown color, do not move hearts of palm around). Add lime juice, cilantro and season with salt.