- 1 pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 small seedless orange, finely chopped (including peel)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (21-ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 cup dried cranberries (recommended: Craisins brand)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1/3 cup brandy plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a 9-inch pie pan with your favorite pastry. In a large bowl, combine orange, lemon juice, peach pie filling, cranberries, raisins, sugar, tapioca, and 1/3 cup brandy. Mix well. Spoon filling mixture into pie crust. Top the pie with another crust and seal and flute the edges. Cut slits into the top crust. Cover the edge of the pie with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes until the crust is browned. Place pie on rack to cool.
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representations as to the results.