- Oil, for greasing pan
- Flour, for coating pan
- 1 package yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 small package vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup combination of cooking oil, dark rum, and cold water, mixed together in equal parts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum, or more to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Oil and flour a large bundt pan and set aside.
Mix all remaining cake ingredients together in a mixing bowl until combined, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cake cool.
While cake is cooling, make glaze: melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in hot water and sugar and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes while still stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum.
Poke holes in cake and drizzle half of the glaze over the cake. Invert onto a serving plate and then drizzle the rest of the glaze over the top and sides of the cake. Serve.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.