- 3 cups smoked turkey or ham, ground
- 1 1/2 cups Colby, jack or mozzarella, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 12 green chiles, roasted and peeled
Mix turkey (or ham), cheese, and onion. Add salt, pepper, and garlic, to taste, and set mixture aside.
Mix eggs and milk together. Beat well and set aside.
Mix cornmeal, flour, fajita seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of salt together. Set aside.
Slit the chiles down the side just enough to remove the seeds and stuff with meat mixture. Roll chile in plain flour. Next, dip chile in egg and milk mixture then roll the chile in cornmeal and flour mixture. Repeat dipping chile in milk and egg mixture, then roll again in cornmeal and flour mixture. Fry chiles in oil over medium heat in pan on stovetop until golden brown.
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representations as to the results.