- 1 rattlesnake, filleted and cut into small pieces *see note
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (recommended: Lawry's brand)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
- Olive oil, to sear meat
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced (any color, or use a variety for extra flavor and color)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 onion flavored pita bread pockets
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- Condiments: picante sauce, guacamole, sour cream
- *Note: chicken can be substituted for rattlesnake meat
Marinate rattlesnake meat, refrigerated, for about 3 hours in teriyaki sauce, seasoned salt and jalapeno seasoning.
In a large iron skillet, heat olive oil and sear meat. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic and tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add any additional seasonings to suit taste.
Cut pitas in 1/2 and butter the inside of the pocket and toast until crispy. Spoon rattlesnake meat and vegetables into pitas and top with cheese.
Served best on a bed of rice with side condiments of picante sauce, guacamole and sour cream.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.