1. In small bowl stir together KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, buttermilk, molasses and applesauce. Set aside.
2. In another small bowl combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixer bowl beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add egg. Beat until fluffy. Alternately add cereal mixture and flour mixture, beating until combined after each addition. Spread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in dish for 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack. Remove from dish. Cool completely. Cut into squares.
4. Meanwhile, for lemon sauce, in small saucepan combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and peel.
5. Serve lemon sauce warm or chilled over gingerbread squares.
*Note: If desired, replace unsalted butter with regular salted butter and omit the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
For more great recipes, visit www.Kelloggs.com.
®, ™, © 2010 Kellogg NA Co.