All Day Pork Loin Chili
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared black coffee
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup sour cream, for serving
- 1 small can sliced or chopped jalapenos, for serving
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, for serving
Pour 4 tablespoons of the oil into a large, heavy bottomed stockpot and place over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Season the pork with a dash of salt and pepper and brown it in batches, 3 to 5 minutes per batch. Set aside the browned pork.
Pour the remaining oil into the pot and add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapenos. Season the veggies with the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper and cilantro. Sweat the vegetable mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the pork back to the pot along with the tomatoes, honey, coffee, bourbon. Add the beans, stir well, bring up to a simmer and then lower the heat to the lowest setting.
Let simmer 2 to 3 hours, until the pork is juicy and buttery soft. Serve directly from the stovetop with side bowls of sour cream, sliced jalapenos, and shredded cheddar.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.