- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, diced, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups chopped chocolate, combination of milk, dark and white
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt. In a large mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and both extracts and mix until well incorporated. Add flour mixture and process until dough comes together, about 1 minute. Transfer dough to a larger bowl and mix in chopped chocolates with a spoon or hands. Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, scoop rounded dough balls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake cookies until almost firm to touch, about 18 minutes. Cool on racks.