- 2 pounds Tri tip
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, granulated
- 1 Tablespoon Black pepper, fresh cracked
- 2 Tablespoon Worchester sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 cups Yellow onions, sliced thin
- 2 Cups Red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 pound Italian sausage, links in casing, hot preferred
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Red wine
- 1/2 Cup Chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Celery salt
- 1 Tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 large Sourdough loaf, 18 inches
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 3/4 Cup Hot Pickled Veggies, recipe follows
Rub tri tip with salt, granulated garlic, pepper and Worchester. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes then grill until medium rare.
In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil, add onions, peppers, and sausage. Cook for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes, then deglaze with wine and chicken stock. Simmer, and add paprika, celery salt, and chili powder.
Cut bread in half length ways, remove some of bread from center, and toast lightly.
After tri tip has been cooked, slice on a bias as thin as possible.
Place cooked onion and pepper mixture on bottom piece of bread, slice Italian sausage into 6 slices per link. Add all sausage slices to onion mixture on bread, add sliced tri tip, top with Provolone cheese and add Hot Pickled Veggies. Top with top crust of bread and slice into 2 inch slices