- 4 ounces/1 stick (110 grams) butter
- 4 ounces/generous 1/2 cup (110 grams) castor sugar
- 4 ounces/generous 1 cup (110 grams) ground almonds
- Fresh raspberries
- Red Currant Glaze, recipe follows
- 1/2 pint (300 milliliters/1 1/4 cups) whipped Jersey cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F /180 degrees C.
Cream the butter well and then just stir in the sugar and ground almonds. (Don't over beat or the oil will come out of the ground almonds as it cooks.) Put a teaspoon of the mixture into 24 small patty tins, or divide between 2 by 7-inch sandwich tins. Bake until golden brown 10 to 30 minutes depending on the pans used.
The tarts or tartlets are too soft to turn out immediately, so cool in the tins for about 5 minutes before turning out. Do not allow to set hard before removing to a wire rack or the butter will solidify and they will stick to the tins. If this happens pop the tins back into the oven for a few minutes so the butter melts and then they will come out easily.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Red Currant Glaze:
- 12 ounces (350 grams) red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water