Flounder Fish Salad
- 1/2 cup leftover poaching oil from Oil Poached Flounder, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 to 10 drops hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 lemon slices from Oil Poached Flounder, recipe follows, finely minced
- 16 ounces leftover Oil Poached Flounder, recipe follows, flaked
Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a medium-mixing bowl. Add the black pepper, salt, lime juice, hot sauce, scallions, parsley, and lemon and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Add the fish and gently mix to combine.Oil Poached Flounder:
3 cups olive oil
1 1/2 to 2 pounds flounder fillets
Freshly ground black pepper
2 lemons, thinly sliced
1 small bunch fresh parsley, thoroughly dried
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, bring the olive oil to 300 to 310 degrees F.
While the oil is heating, season the flounder fillets on all sides with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Lay half of the sliced lemons and half of the parsley in the bottom of a cast iron skillet large enough to hold the fillets in a single layer without overlapping. Lay the seasoned fillets on top of the lemons. Top with the remaining lemons and parsley. Once the oil has reached temperature, gently pour it over the fillets, and place in the oven and poach for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ease of preparation: intermediate
More Recipes and Ideas:
Opakapaka Fish on Hirabara Baby Greens, Green Apple Vinaigrette, and Stilton Bruschetta, Bitter Caesar Salad, Warm Potato-Tomato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette, Tuna Salad Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.