Fresh Broccoli Salad
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound broccoli, rinsed, trimmed and sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 6 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces coarsely chopped, toasted pecans or hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil leaves
Whisk together the vinegar, zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. While whisking constantly, gradually add the olive oil. Add the broccoli and toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Stir in the tomatoes, hazelnuts and basil. Cover and allow to sit, at room temperature or in the refrigerator, for another 15 minutes before serving.